I’m often asked: “What will the City of Austin require to build my home?”
Here’s your checklist:
- A building permit (to get that, you’ll need a set of plans stamped by a draftsman or an architect). You can see the building application form here: City of Austin Residential Construction Application
- An owner’s authorization letter.
- A demolition permit if applicable, which includes a Certified Tax Certificate.
- An Electrical Service Plan Application (ESPA) permit. (How much demand for electricity will your house create?)
- A tree permit, formally known as a Tree Ordinance Review Application (if applicable).
- An historic review (if applicable).
- Structural plans stamped by a licensed engineer.